(408) 279-1520 x7140
1 North Market Street
Mr. Lefmann began his appraisal career in San Jose in 1972, after spending three years in the offices of a homebuilder and real estate developer. He brings 40 years of continuous Silicon Valley-based appraisal and consulting experience and has also been involved in more than 50 sales transactions as a licensed Realtor since 1977. He has extensive expertise in a wide diversity of property types and valuation problems ranging from 5,000 acres on the California Coast to the San Jose Jet Center, and has provided expert witness testimony in well over 50 matters.
Prior to joining Hulberg & Associates in 2012, Mr. Lefmann was the owner and principal of N.A. Lefmann Associates, a well-respected Silicon Valley appraisal and real estate consulting firm, where his practice placed special emphasis on expert witness work in condemnation and real estate litigation, on value diminution appraisals, arbitration services and open space lands.
He has an exemplary record of service to the appraisal profession, having served for more than 30 years on countless committees, boards and chapter offices including 2003 President of the Northern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute.
- B.S., Business Finance with Accounting Minor, San Jose State University, California
- Real Estate Program and Certificate in Real Estate – West Valley College, 1973-74
- Lifetime teaching Credential in Real Estate, California Community Colleges
- Past Instructor, Appraisal Institute
- MAI & SRA Member, Appraisal Institute
- Member, International Right of Way Association
- Realtor Member, National and California Association of REALTORS
- State of California, Certified-General Real Estate Appraiser: License #: AG003512
- State of California, Real Estate Broker: License #: 00528405